Thursday, November 29, 2007

kicked in the shins again

...by work. I mean, work is kicking me in the shins, over and over. One thing after another, like getting stuck on graveyard last week, like having to come in on my day off Saturday, like that fucking training I remembered at the last minute Monday morning. Then yesterday I had that whole back problem and I still had to go pick up the bread donation, go buy the bingo prizes and then go work my whole goddamn shift b/c there wasn't anyone else to cover it.

Last straw? My goddamn relief didn't show up until after 12:30 last night which meant that I had to wait allllllllll the way until 1:36am to catch the next (and last) bus home. He literally walked in the door two minutes after the 12:36am bus had come and gone. Two minutes. I could've smashed a chair over his head.

And then you know what happened? I went up to the loft to lay down and wait out my hour of purgatory, and that late-coming fucker came up there too, laid down on the other couch, and WENT TO SLEEP!!!

(Please pardon the upcoming blast of capitols.)

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU GODDAMN IMBECILE?!?!? THIS IS YOUR JOB!!! HOW CAN YOU SHOW UP LATE, FUCK UP MY NIGHT, AND THEN COME STRAIGHT UPSTAIRS AND GO TO SLEEP?!?!? ARE YOU RETARDED? ARE YOU FUCKING ILL? DON'T OVERSLEEP, DON'T COME TO WORK LATE, DON'T SLEEP FOR YOUR ENTIRE SHIFT, IN SHORT, STOP SUCKING!!!!

Ok. Thanks. Sorry about that, it's just been building up for awhile. Whew. I feel a tiny bit better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trinity2 said...

Ok, may I ask a small question? (this is my impression from what I've read of your blog so far) Why do you have a law degree and work in the equivalent of a warehouse?
If I am waaay off base here I apologize.

7:19 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

very good question, trinity. first of all, i don't work in a warehouse, i work in a transitional housing facility for the homeless mentally ill. it's a job i've had for 6 and a half years, i love it, and i hate lawyers. i know it would have been better for me to figure that out about four years ago, but there you have it. you didn't tune in early enough to catch the largest part of my career delimma/crisis. i may still work in law eventually, but i'd much rather keep working with the homeless mentally ill.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Trinity2 said...

I totally get it now - thanks for getting me up to speed. However, I have something else to add - just because you go to law school doesn't mean you have to be one of those slimy lawyers. You could work in non-profit for organizations that make a difference - such as the one you work for now. You could also be a strong voice and representation for people at at disadvantage, too. So, the law degree isn't a bad thing, either. It just sounds like despite loving your job that there's also things about it you do not like.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Trinity2 said...

However - I am sure you already know all this ;-)

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home