Tuesday, January 15, 2008

what the people want

I currently get an average of 74 hits a day on this website. Several of those hits come from people who are actually interested in reading the stuff I write, for whatever reason. A few more hits come from people searching for specific topics I've written about. Most recently I've been seeing a lot of searches for "frozen car door won't shut." That has been a long time favorite. I also get lots of hits for the movie "Shortbus," which makes me wish I'd written something more interesting about it than my "ohmygod this movie is so awesome" post.

Nevertheless, the reason my average is at 74 (and growing) instead of 25 (where it rested for a long, long time) is because I posted a picture of the 80's hair-band Poison. A picture very much like this one:

I don't know why, but that picture has drawn people to my site like flies to a pile of shit. I don't get it at all. But I enjoy the traffic and I certainly like to give the people what they want, so here's some more steaming hot pictures of Poison. (Notice the probably 10 year age difference between these two pictures doesn't really yield positive change for the fellows, though at least one of them wised up and got a hair cut. And jesus christ, Brett Michaels. You look like shit.)



Wow. Yuck.

Anyway, while I'm posting pictures of old hair-bands, why not throw in a couple of my favorite hair-band front-man: Jon Bon Jovi. First, here's one from back in the day:

And now...

Holy shit he's nearly naked!!! Why didn't *this* picture exist when I was 12 and had centerfolds from Bop magazine all over my walls...

2 Comments:

Blogger M. Lindman said...

Hi!
I didn't find your blog by trawling good ol' Google for Poison pics (regrettably). I found your blog when looking for some blog entries on Proust. Your story about reading Proust was very amusing, thanks!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gypsy Queen said...

Oh I have to admit, I was trolling google for pics of Brett Michaels. Not because I'm infatuated with him but so that I could show my 15yr old daughter why he was such a stud when I was younger. Hairband pictures always make me laugh and I had to check out yours, great pictures by the way! I have to agree with the BonJovi picture, Holy Crap, what a body! He looks better now than he did then.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home