Saturday, December 03, 2005

and on the second day there was work

But you have to understand: work is easy.

I woke up from 2 hours sleep in mog's bed w/o the aid of an alarm clock b/c my body was ready, conditioned, neurotic to the point of punctuality. And I dressed in the dark, kissed her curly-haired temple and left. I had that hollow, shaking feeling inside from not enough sleep and too early rising. Fortunately, my job is so, so forgiving. Especially the weekend shift. I've had this job four and a half years now -- a long time for me and a job. A long time for me and *anything*. I love this job. Residential counselor in a transitional housing facility for the homless, mentally ill. That's it in a nutshell. But the absurdity, which is much more complex, is what I love most about it.

Today these strange christians came and cooked our clients breakfast and said a prayer, then sang a christmas song, etc. It was nice. And I tried not to wonder where CB was, where she slept, etc. And I tried also not to think of mog, although I finally called her. I wanted somehow to address the near break-up conversation we had last night, but i don't want to make it that much more awkward. i'm just wondering...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home