Monday, June 19, 2006

word of the evening

vainglorious

Main Entry: vain·glo·ri·ous
Pronunciation: "vAn-'glOr-E-&s, -'glor-
Function: adjective
: marked by vainglory : BOASTFUL

The Carolina Hurricanes won the Stanley Cup. They beat the team from Canada. I'm from North Carolina and I find it mildly amusing that my state just won a hockey tournament against a team from Canada... I mean... am I the only one who thinks that seems a little wrong? North Carolina is a Southern state. A warm state. It hardly ever snows. We don't grow up ice-skating on frozen ponds and day dreaming of hockey. Hockey, as far as I knew as a kid, was a foriegn sport only played in other countries. I'm guessing all the players on the Hurricanes team are imported from elsewhere... I'd be surprised to learn that this was a team of tarheels. If so, the Canadians must've really sucked to lose to us. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home