Friday, November 24, 2006

thanks

On the nation's number-one food holiday, I was sick like a Russian spy. Who came along and poisoned *me* with thallium? I don't know, but if I ever find out...

Bad headache, nausea, couldn't keep any food down. I was either sleeping or rolling around crying and moaning all day. It sucked. Finally, at around 9pm, something shifted. The headache was still there, but the overall discomfort subsided a little. I put a potato on to bake. I put the South Park movie in my computer.

Ahh, South Park. I guess, on the day after Thanksgiving, I am thankful for South Park. In my sickly delerium, that movie seemed even more brilliant than ever. I kept wanting to pull out my moleskine notebook and jot down all the little bits that were so perfectly funny: the "viva le resistance" poster that looks like canadian che; satan's frolick on a gay cruise ship called the S.S. Manhandler; the giant, luminescent talking clitoris.

Awake and less ill today, those seem a little less earth shattering, but still, funny. I watched South Park from my bed and ate a potato which, thankfully, stayed in my stomach, then I went to sleep. Now I still feel crappy, but less crappy than yesterday. So, at least there's hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Okashii Budo said...

Every time someone mentions that movie, I start signing "Blame Canada". It's like a Pavlovian thing, I guess.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home