Monday, December 18, 2006

the pain of the anticlimax

It is hard to celebrate the completion of my "last" exam when I've got the mother of all exams (the Great White Bar Exam) waiting for me at the end of February. Nevertheless, I took my last lawschool exam today and now I'm ready to check myself into some kind of respite facility because I AM FRIED! It took four hours and completely robbed me of every ounce of my humanness. I am now a hollow husk. A hollow husk who is going to go get into a very hot bath and, if I am able to focus, read either a book or a magazine for PLEASURE. You remember pleasure? Things you do just because you want to? Things that make you happy? You remember happy, don't you? DON'T YOU???

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooooooooo! Congrats on your last exam! Hope the bath was wet AND wild.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hap...py?

4:38 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

roro: yeah, no, mostly just wet.

joolie: ha... ha... haaaap... happ... happy. HAPPY! nope. doesn't ring a bell.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Dharma said...

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news. Reading for total pleasure, and without the gnawing feeling you really ought to reading something else - priceless. One day, in about a year, that's where I'll be.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home