Sunday, February 25, 2007

good omens

1.) My "dry run" to the airport Holiday Inn, where the bar exam is being administered, revealed to me that the airport Holiday Inn is not, in fact, at the airport. Thank god. It is in the general direction of the airport up on Columbia Blvd and it is a mere ELEVEN MINUTES from my house. Phew. That makes the 7:30am check-in seem much less daunting.

2.) I succeeded in defeating the nasty cold! Everybody I knew was dropping like flies from this terrible cold, even SK had it so bad she nearly missed a week of work, and that's saying a lot because SK is really healthy and hardly ever sick. I was fine until last week when I started to get some symptoms (mostly just gross yellowness coming out of my sinuses, then, eventually, coughing and exhaustion) -- but thanks to the magical healing powers of: the neti-pot used two or three times a day; long, hot, sweat-inducing baths; sound sleep; lots of vitamins; eucalyptus steams; hot tea; and nearly a whole honey-bear full of honey, I AM CURED! I will not have a hacking cough through the exam! I will not have a chronically runny nose or the need to expectorate every five minutes! I am healthy!

3.) I had a visit from my Aunt Flo today. Yep, Aunt Flo is here to stay for five to seven days and let me tell you, I have never been happier to see her come. This means the debilitating cramps will happen tonight or tomorrow and not Tuesday during the exam and that, my friends, is priceless. For the last couple of months I have worried about the timing of my February visit from Flo and it would really be very typical of my body to put my worst day right on my worst day, if you know what I mean. My body, a big fan of sabatoge, would usually say, "So you're saying Tuesday is no good for heavy bleeding and dizzying cramps? Ok, then! Tuesday it is!" But not this time. This time my body doesn't hate me! Yay!

IT'S ALL GOING TO BE OKAY!! YAY!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dharma said...

All signs are looking quite good indeed!

I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter, so back to catching up on your blog.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home