Saturday, April 21, 2007

my special (g-rated) fantasy...

...that when a dyke is truly in need, and her heart is as pure as can be expected under the circumstances, she had only to click her besocked heels together three times and before her eyes would appear the shimmering, magical image of the fairy-dyke-shoestore, fully stocked with sensible shoes, comfortable and stylish, completely appropriate for any occasion, having neither heels nor toe-holes nor any other girly ornamentation. After two days of fruitless shoeshopping, I am convinced that I will never find the type of shoes I need and am therefore left only to fantasize...

I mean, really, MUST they all have pointy toes and straps and heels and rhinestones (RHINESTONES?!?) and all the other girly shit I saw today? What's a dyke in a suit to do?? And don't tell me to buy men's shoes, because they're too wide. I know, I tried it and even though I loved them, they looked like clown shoes on me. Oh well, I could have plenty worse problems, I know. And otherwise, my last two days have been really, really nice, so I shouldn't complain at all. Except that this shoe dilemma is going to drive me to the MALL, my last resort, and you have to know that I really, really hate the mall.

6 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

Unable to find shoes...nope. I am unfamiliar with this concept.

To avoid the mall, go online and try zappos. Or, to win extra points with me, get some Fluevogs

4:45 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

extra points?? haven't i already earned all the points?

zappos is good, i've gotten shoes through them before. however, i was hoping to be able to try them on first... zappos does that have that free return policy, though, so that helps...

and fluevogs... i'd consider it. do they make a relatively conservative, nongirly dress shoe? ok, i'll do some research.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might want to take a look at Dansko's Rose shoe. It's pregnancy friendly (maybe the same as dyke friendly?), although there are some straps and a low heel involved. NOT my most attractive heel, but I can wear them all day and trek around downtown doing work things.

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fluevogs are pricey, but they last a long time. They even have a unisex line! I kind of have a Camper fetish right now too. Shopping is dumb. Let's quit.

9:59 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I recently found myself in a room full of lesbians, and looked down. We all had Danskos on.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I settled on boots when I first came out and have been wearing various types ever since. Though I do love my Converse. I really think someone needs to start a dyke friendly shoe store. Even trying to find butch-friendly boots is getting difficult.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home