Friday, June 29, 2007

chickens come home to roost

First, the good news. The Supreme Court, in a shocking reversal, has decided it WILL hear habeas claims from Guantanamo Bay detainees. When I heard that on NPR this morning I thought "Wow, is it April Fools?" And then I thought, "Well, if it was, that wouldn't be funny." And that's how I knew it must be true.

In less globally important news, the post-graduation grace period has ended on my student loans. Holy fucking shit. Not that I didn't see it coming... I mean... they give you plenty of warning. But it's still quite a shock. Six-digit debt? And there's no home-ownership involved? I never thought I'd see the day. So, to quell my panic, I talked to the nice student loan people about a consolidation loan and deferrment application. Then I threw up. Now I feel better.

If I thought it would help, I'd have a first-born child and just give it to them. However... I don't think they would care...

1 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

Maybe you can that child and sell it to pay off your loans.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home