Friday, June 22, 2007

let's try this again

Hi interwebs, remember me? I used to write little things nearly every day and post them here on this blog for people to read. Looks like I've been a little bit slack lately. I usually hate it when bloggers take this tack, but it's true: there were some things happening that I wasn't quite ready to blog about.

I know, I know. Who cares if I'm ready? Well, I do. So I waited. One thing I wasn't ready to tell you is that I started taking my antidepressant Wellbutrin again. I took it from 2002 to 2004 and then I decided to stop. I did pretty well for a long time, but last summer I hit a major slump and, in retrospect, I wish I'd started taking it again then. I snapped out of my slump when school started back again in the fall, but once school and the bar was over and SK left for England, I found myself beginning to flounder again. I didn't want a repeat of last summer, so I got out my stash of meds and started taking a low dose at the beginning of last week. And boy has it helped! Wow. Has it ever. I might write more about that later, but for now I'll just say that I'm feeling a lot better and that's a good thing.

Another thing I wasn't ready to share was the changing status of my relationship with SK. SK and I have shared a rough road this past year and a half, in addition to the incredible connection and all the sweetness and love, it has never been an easy path for either of us. We finally decided to lift the pressure off the girlfriend relationship so that we can love and appreciate each other as the two really awesome (yet not always perfectly compatible) people we are. She wrote a lovely post about it over on her blog which does a sweeter job explaining it. You should check it out. I'll probably write more about it later too, but I'll leave it here for now.

As for me, I've got lots of stuff to do today, but I have a whole list of things to blog about that have been jogged loose in the past couple days, and when I get home from my errands and projects today, expect a deluge of blogtastic content to appear! Woo-hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

i think there's something to be said for holding back, although obviously that can make for less/interesting reading. and i say this as someone who struggles with what's ok to share on my blog, and has gone back and forth wrt various personal topics.

that said, i'm glad that you are finding yourself in a healthier place. in the brief time i've been reading your blog, i've come to look forward to the deluges, when they occur, so i look forward to increased RPP. =)

12:56 PM  
Blogger roro said...

I think that one has every right to hold back on stuff you don't feel like blogging about. That's the beauty of the blog! Controlling information! HA ha!

Congrats on getting back on the good stuff - it's pretty astonishing what a difference it can make. Huzzah!

As for your changing relationship with SK, how is one to react when you're both being so sweet and mature about it? No drunken ranting or the spilling of horrible personal secrets on each other's blogs? You two are lovely and I hope things are well with you both. - roro

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home