Thursday, February 07, 2008

update

Hi kids. Thanks for all the comments and well-wishes. Thanks especially to someone called "Cookie" who says I'm her favorite blogger. That kinda thing really helps a girl's spirit.

Anyway, I'm feeling surprisingly better this evening. I wasn't able to work today, ended up sleeping many, many hours, which is a good thing. Finally, at 6-ish, Mahavira came over for a visit. I hadn't seen Mahavira since Monday morning, which is an absolutely unacceptable span of time apart. Fuck.

So Mahavira came over bringing all sorts of goodies which at first seemed sort of yucky, but pretty soon I realized how hungry I was and as soon as she left I tore open the bag of white cheddar Smartfood popcorn and started boiling water for the cup of Nile Spice lentil soup. Yum! All I've eaten in two days is a handful of stoneground wheat crackers and half a banana, so I was ready to chow down. Now I'm eating the Rice Crispy Treat bar she brought me and starting to feel much, much better.

So much better, in fact, that I'm planning to go sleep at Mahavira's tonight. I can't stand to spend one more night in my bed alone. I miss her! It sucks. Right now she's having cocktails with her best friend who she is constantly blowing off. She wanted to blow her off tonight when she learned I wasn't working, but I wouldn't let her. I don't want her getting in any more trouble with her closest friends. My presence in her life has caused her absence in the lives of a lot of other people. I feel sorta bad about it, but not bad enough to vacate entirely. I'll just try and keep some kind of balance in place.

Now I'm off to pack up and call a cab. My car is still broken and Mahavira is loaning her truck out tonight, so we're both carless. Taking a cab the twenty or so blocks to Mahavira's seems a little bit decadent, but I'm still too weak from my sickness to cycle down there and walking wouldn't be so fun either. So I'll just relax and let myself be a princess tonight. Because I've been sick...

1 Comments:

Blogger heather said...

glad you're feeling better!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home