Monday, March 10, 2008

countdown...

I start my new job next week, which means I'm counting down my last days of swing shift and I won't be sad when it's over. This is my last Monday night at work. Woo-hoo! Next Monday night I'll be all curled up with Mahavira, watching a movie and getting ready to go to sleep. Sounds a lot better than being here, cleaning the kitchen and getting ready to do the narc count...

I have to tell you, I'm definitely going out with a bang. Tonight has been peaceful (knock wood) but all last week was crazy. I had to call 911 every single night last week. Even the week before was crazy. I called 911 Wednesday night and Thursday night, and on Thursday we had emergency personnel out here three different times: one time for a fire alarm and two times for clients in medical emergencies. I was practically best friends with the EMTs by the end of the night.

All throughout those experiences, I kept imagining the things I would blog about, but it turns out there isn't much I can say about it. It's either confidential or it just wouldn't be that interesting. Which is sad. One thing I can say for sure: I hate clients with borderline personality disorder and if it was up to me, I'd ship them all off to some borderline leper colony somewhere where they could be alone together, creating dramas and manipulating each other till kingdom come.

And since I'm writing this on a work computer, I might end up in my own leper colony called the unemployment office... I guess I should quit while I'm ahead. Jack Bog warned me once not to get dooced. I should listen to my elders and watch my words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home