Tuesday, February 28, 2006

long time gone

Just spent five days at a Process Work seminar on the coast with absolutely no internet access at all. Unbelievable. Sorry I didn't give some warning of my impending absence -- I had visions of sitting in internet cafes, blogging with leisure and abandon while the waves crashed against the rocks nearby, but alas -- there was no internet. And I surprisingly didn't miss it.

If I was more sophisticated I would post a link to the Process Work Center -- maybe someday I'll learn the basics of this medium... but until then, go google it yourself if you're interested. It's wonderful. SK organized the seminar brilliantly. (Perhaps I should write "organised" to honour her Britishness...) Yachats was gorgeous. The ocean was stunning as usual. The seminar itself was fabulous. The house we rented was unbelievable -- me and SK and two other women -- in an incredible house right on the coast with a sweeping view of the sea. Incredible.

Anyone who hasn't experienced the Oregon coast -- or the Pacific Ocean -- wow. You're missing something life-altering.

I'm un-fucking-able to relate anything about this weekend right now, I'm afraid. Realizing how inadequate all these words are. All I can say is, it was great. And I can't wait to write more and more and more about it or about *something* -- not now though. Now I pack a bag and head to SK's. This is the beginning of the countdown -- the terrible march towards her departure for Australia. We have almost exactly two weeks. Then she will be gone for almost two whole months!! What will I do??

Also, tomorrow is the beginning of my big lent experiment. For forty days (not counting Sundays), starting tomorrow, I'll be "fasting and praying" and exploring my "Jesus process" as my process work friends might say. Good ol' Jesus. No animal products, no alcohol, no sex (that doesn't start till SK leaves though... sorry Jesus. But it will last longer than 40 days, sadly, so it'll be recouped...) Today I ate a farewell bacon cheeseburger and right now I'm drinking a beer. Going out w/ the tiniest bang. That's my style, I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home