Tuesday, February 21, 2006

lent

I'm thinking about observing lent this year. I'm not exactly Catholic, but I was reading about it on Wikipedia today -- lent. Forty days of fasting and contemplation. Something like that.

Like I said -- I'm not Catholic, but there's something appealing about making a conscious effort to bring a certain element of discipline into my life. And I really believe that we can piggy-back on the energy generated by other people. Somewhere in the Bible Jesus says something like: if you get two or more people together praying in my name, then you're cooking with gas. I'm paraphrasing. But it's true. Same theory behind the mass buddhist meditations that actually had an impact on crime rates in the D.C. area a few years ago. I should google it and post a link -- so interesting, the study they did.

So I could observe lent and piggy-back on the energy of the faithful. Forty days of fasting. I'll give it more thought and figure out what to give up exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home