Wednesday, March 29, 2006

peculiar technological interruptions

A whole post, written and ready to go, when I hit the spell check and created some kind of error which crashed my browser. So. My whole post, sucked into the electronic vortex of nothing. Something in it wanted to be abandoned, I guess. Wanted to vanish.

Lately I've been feeling mush-headed and bleary and not very smart or interested in anything. This is the exact opposite of how I'd imagined I would spend my spring break. But I can't force my brain into a space it's not. I am not in a "read the New York Times" kind of space right now. I'm in a "dodder around my house and slowly organize paperwork and piles of clothes and recycling" kind of space. I'm in a "stare at the wall and wonder what I'm doing with my life" kind of space. I'm in a "mild, low-level headache, seasonal allergies" kind of space.

And now I'll get up and get into a "dressing for drinks with my friend Dutch" kind of space. I'm meeting her at Zaytoon, a middle-eastern tapas bar owned and operated by an Iraqi lesbian. It's pricey, but near my house and swanky in an appealing sort of way. Lots of professional, power-dykes in there, sipping girly cocktails and talking about god knows what, but probably really happy not to be across town in the crappy dyke bar, the E-room, rubbing elbows with the cocaine-in-the-bathroom, video-poker, mullet-and-ball-cap crowd. People are so weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home