Friday, March 17, 2006

a walk in other kinds of weather

I got home from work today at 2 and immediately ditched my plan to hide out in a hot bath. The afternoon was just too gorgeous to hole up in my dark little basement (which I love, despite it's dungeony quality) -- so, to take advantage of the sun and decent temperature, I decided to take a walk up to the Alberta Street Co-op for a few supplies. I put on my hoodie, sans raingear, and headed out. Fucking incredible walk! Blossoms on so many trees, so lovely -- and so many buds, tiny ones and fat ones, green ones and red ones. I love taking walks, especially in spring, when things are changing so much. Every day the scenery changes subtly.

Most striking on my walk was the sky -- gorgeous blue behind me, with the sun full on my back -- but ahead, a massive dark cloud hovered low. Felt like I could reach up and poke it. Gorgeous. The sky seemed split in half between blue and black, and as I walked, I wondered which side was winning. I could've guessed. By the time I was done in the co-op, a nice steady rain was falling and I kicked myself for leaving my raingear behind. I pulled on my hoodie's little hood and thrust my hands in my pockets and started walking. I didn't get far before it all turned to hail that bounced off the streets and sidewalks and me. It was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home