Saturday, April 01, 2006

letter from down under

Today I had a letter from SK in the mail. A card, actually, every bit of blank space was crammed with miniscule writing. I love that woman. In the card she had stuck a couple of tiny parrot feathers she'd picked up on a walk. I want to be somewhere where parrot feathers litter the walking paths.

Maybe these feathers are carrying the bird flu... I'm feeling a little depressed lately and think having the bird flu might be nice. I'd get to go to the hospital for awhile. They'd seclude me, which would be pretty cool. They'd feed me and care for me and I wouldn't have to go to school or work on my paper or see birdlady. If anything, birdlady will give me the fucking bird flu when I start seeing her again. I have to call her Monday, after a two week reprieve. What a joy it has been, the absence of birdlady. (SK and I started calling her Tyranosaurus Rex lady b/c it's a disservice to birds to call her birdlady. Birds are sweet and birdlady is awful.)

I need a major attitude adjustment. I need a perspective shift. I'm feeling churned up and miserable and broke and dejected. At least it's "spring forward" day -- tomorrow will be a longer, lighter day. And that will raise my spirits a bit. I'm also going to Shambhala to meditate tomorrow. First time in *weeks* -- though I tried to go last week, but when I got there, I saw they were having some kind of special talk and not regular Sunday sitting. Oh well. I just checked the calendar online and their regular program is back on, so tomorrow should be no problem. I'll go for the full three hours. I need every minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home