Wednesday, September 06, 2006

desparation blogging

I will blog up till the last possible minute. It's how I'm holding onto something of myself before the swirling vortex of my family sucks me in for a week. I'm supposed to be in a meeting with the new Pro Bono coordinator here at school who will counsel me on possible non-profit, public interest career opportunities for after I graduate. Unfortunately, she's had a family emergency and won't be in at all this week, so I sit here in the LRC with my not-strong-enough coffee and wait for my class in 45 minutes.

I got home late last night then stayed up till almost 2 blogging about racism. I set my alarm for 8:30, which would've given me 6 and a half much needed hours of sleep, but the kid upstairs woke me an hour early, banging on a pot and screaming "ee-i-ee-i-o" at the top of his lungs, over and over again. It was pretty fucking infuriating and I lay there with a pillow over my head, trying desparately to fall back to sleep for that last hour, imagining my hand tightening around his little, two-year-old throat. He's kind of a shit, but it's not his fault that somebody upstairs is letting him scream at 7:30 in the morning. It's not like they don't have another human being living in the basement who might be trying to sleep. I'll email them. I think they'll be understanding about it.

Meanwhile, I'm daydreaming about a breakfast of bacon and eggs and fried potatoes, but this is a breakfast I will not have because there's nowhere to get it. The "cafeteria" doesn't even open till noon here and they don't do breakfast. I could get a muffin or a bagel from the coffee cart guy, but a muffin or a bagel seems pretty lame compared to my fantasy of bacon, eggs and potatoes. Oh well. Sorry for boring posts. Expect a few more before I leave tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home