Thursday, November 09, 2006

and a good time was had by all

It was another fun Wednesday night at work with Fat Tony and Chunk, who is finally back after his car-crash. He looks like absolute hell and clearly shows signs of traumatic brain injury. He was cranky and mumbling nonsense all night, but we still had fun.

First there was the fifty-cent booklet (a one-inch square of glued together pages) that Fat Tony got out of a machine in the men's room at My Father's Place entitled: "Sexual Positions of the World." In addition to claiming to be one in a long series of best sellers on matters of international understanding, the little book even contained a touching dedication: "This book is dedicated to helping you become a more worldy and satisfying sexual partner." Isn't that sweet? And of course, there were the illustrations.

Second, was the babelfish. If you haven't tried it yet, go to babelfish (an AltaVista site) and do a double translation. To do this, you must first translate a chunk of English text into another language (how will be self-evident once you're on the site) -- then retranslate it back into English. Hilarity ensues. If you laugh at malapropisms and typos, you'll really love the fun of babel fish.

Third, there was the "I'm in UR" website. Harder to explain and made much funnier because it came in the midst of hilarity already in progress: the "I'm in ur" site offers a series of pictures with carefully worded "I'm in ur" statements. For example, an old, egyptian painting featuring a jackel with his hands on the chest of a mummy lying prone, features the caption "I'm in ur pyramid, touchin ur mummies." Why is that funny? I don't know. But we laughed and laughed. The best and most fucked up? The one with baby seals. Just trust me, I won't say anymore.

Finally, the night degenerated into Fat Tony and Chunk sending dirty text-messages to each other. I'm not proud of it. But I did laugh at it. Reminds me that I grew up with brothers and I'm happy with a rough and dirty sort of humor. It's nice to have a once-a-week dose. Whew. Now I can get on with the rest of my week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home