Monday, November 27, 2006

updates

Nano: DONE! My 50,000 word National Novel Writing Month novel is FINISHED! And three days early. Just in time for me to start working on, oh, I don't know, exams and stuff.

My Thanksgiving Illness: Lingering. It's either the mother of all sinus infections or a brain tumor, you decide.

My Grandmother: Still Alive. I talked to her on Thanksgiving (directly before the onset of vomiting, mine not hers) and while she did not sound great, it was really, really good to hear her voice. She started out pretty alert, but soon drifted and we lapsed into long silences. I'm glad nobody tried to take the phone away from her until we were done. It was painful to "say goodbye" without really saying it; to just say "I love you, I'm glad I got to talk to you." Careful of sounding too morbid, too maudlin, careful of not sobbing, just careful, probably too careful. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dharma said...

You really do rock RPP.

I am sorry about your grandmother, the impending end is so hard on all of us. I do hope she is able to pass easily.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home