Thursday, December 28, 2006

h.a.l.t.

I learned something new tonight. I learned it from a guy who learned it in AA. It's called h.a.l.t.: hungry, angry, lonely and tired. If you're hungry, find something to eat. If you're angry, talk to somebody about it. If you're lonely, find somebody to be around. If you're tired, get some rest.

It seems so simple, but I can't tell you how many times I have made bad choices and acted like a shit because I was either hungry, angry, lonely or tired (or a combination). I guess a lot of people use those things as a reason to drink. So, in AA, they teach you how to halt. I think that's cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andygrrl said...

wow.That is a fantastic idea. I really need to use that too, because I keep getting tripped up by those things too, and I just don't handle them correctly.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Dharma said...

I really like that! Thanks.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home