Friday, March 30, 2007

well that was... interesting

So, um... I'm back already. Our trip to the coast didn't really go as planned. I guess that's because there really hadn't been a plan. I know spontaneity is supposed to be really cool and all, but sometimes a plan is pretty cool too.

Of my two main goals, I accomplished half of one. I said I wanted to walk on a rocky beach, but the beach I walked on was sandy. Good enough. I did not, however, accomplish goal two: eat clam chowder.

We were very close to eating clam chowder -- we were tooling through a town that probably had a restaurant serving clam chowder -- but before we could make it we got pulled over and given a ticket by a very young officer pretending to be very nice, but in reality he was very, very MEAN because what kind of jerk gives my girlfriend a $250 ticket for gliding gently through a stop sign?? A big, stupid, mean jerk with too much free time on his hands and probably a small penis.

The very, large ticket from the very mean (but also quite friendly) Manzanita police officer sort of set the mood back a bit, along with the appetites. After that, I didn't want to give Manzanita another penny of my money. Word to the wise, if you're in Manzanita, don't even think about a "rolling stop." They will nail your ass to the wall.

So we came home a little early and I was able to then discover the next bad thing: all but two of the pictures I took are digitally unrecognizeable. Ie: they won't download on my computer and the camera calls them "unsupported images" even though I can see them on the little display screen. This shitty picture here is one of the only two that survived. Oh well. No momentos from a bum trip.

And I'm getting a cold.

On the bright side, my girlfriend is napping peacefully on my bed and some nice music is playing. That's good enough for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

I'd say the last bit about the napping girlfriend on your bed more than makes up for the rest of the day.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chowder in Manzanita isn't all that great, in any case -- we tried it in January.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home