Sunday, April 22, 2007

i spend my free time on imaginary girlfriends

I'm watching Muriel's Wedding. Can I just tell you that, if I didn't have the lovely SK as my real-life girlfriend, I would go stalk Toni Collette. I'm sure that, once she stopped being afraid of me, she'd love me.



Why are they all so mean to Muriel??? This is heartbreaking.

(Please don't be mad, SK. I don't really want to go stalk Toni Collette, I promise.)

(Also, for the record, this picture is obviously not from Muriel's Wedding. It's from my other favorite movie Little Miss Sunshine, which is SO GOOD.)

Update: "Since I've met you and moved to Sydney, I haven't listened to one ABBA song. It's because now my life's as good as an Abba song. It's as good as Dancing Queen." That's about the sweetest thing anybody could ever say. Why did it take me so long to finally see this movie?

4 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

Imaginary girlfriends are the best. Have you met my girlfriend Sandra Bullock?

9:00 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

yeah, sandra bullock... i think i used to go out with her a few years ago... we sort of grew apart.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Excuse me? Have you two been dallying with my girlfriend? Geez. You can't expect fidelity from imaginary girlfriends these days! Good thing I dumped Sandy for Christina Cox. Now, that's a woman worth stalking.

9:54 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

sorry, you guys. i only have eyes for toni collette right now. sandy was cute, but she was all fluff. although, i'll always have a special place in my heart for my first girlfriend julia roberts. we're still pretty close, but we haven't really *been* together in years. it just works out that way sometimes. she wanted kids and i didn't, you know how it goes.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home