Monday, April 02, 2007

snorgle

When I'm not busy being a crusty old asshole, I like cute stuff. Maybe too much. SK will tell you how annoyed she was with me for anthropomorphizing all the animals on the BBC nature special we watched last night. I am SO SORRY, but I can't help it!

First, I got misty when the polar bear tried to eat the sea lions. I mean, he was clawing at the mom and trying to pull her off her baby with his teeth! But then I got extra misty when the polar bear, who had been unable to eat any sea lions, dug a hole and laid down in it to die of hunger! He hadn't eaten in months! How pitiful! And he died!

Meanwhile SK said helpful things like "they're pups, not babies," and "but you didn't want him to eat the sea lions, what do you expect??" And also, "Stop anthropomorphizing the animals!" Which pretty much says it all.

Anyway, the point is, I like cute stuff, even if I have a problem with, you know, anthropomorphism. If you also like cute stuff, whether you ascribe human emotions to that cute stuff or not, cruise on over to Cute Overload and check out the precious Japanese bunny. So. Cute. Minus the rugged and heartbreaking struggle for survival, thank god. This is pure enjoyment.

5 Comments:

Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

how did you find that site???
were you googling 'cute snorgle'??
what is happening to you my rough, rebellious, butchie grobster??

6:02 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

i found it by surfing somebody else's links list, i swear. i can't help it, baby, i like the cute fuzzy things! i want to snorgle the bunny! and then i want to snorgle your belly!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Busted.

And I have to say that I'm impressed with the restraint you showed in not mentioning other fuzzy parts you want to snorgle. Or do you only do that on other's people's blogs?

8:50 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

ouch. somebody's not getting enuf snorgle action...

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sad and undeniable truth.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home