Monday, May 21, 2007

correction

In my last post, I mentioned that I sometimes got the movies "Drugstore Cowboy" and "Rhinestone Cowboy" mixed up. Well let me be the first to tell you, there is no movie called "Rhinestone Cowboy."

"Rhinestone Cowboy" is a song by Glen Campbell. A real classic. And the movie I was thinking of is called "Rhinestone." It's been a long time, but I *think* the premise is this: Dolly Parton is hanging out in a tavern and she bets somebody that she can make the next person who walks in the door into a Country/Western star. The next person who walks through the door is a New York cabbie played by Sylvester Stallone. Hilarity ensues...

... if you think it's hilarious to watch Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone argue a lot and eventually fall in love. If you think it's hilarious to watch Sylvester Stallone put on a rhinestone cowboy outfit, which he obviously hates, and try to sing country music, which he sucks at. If you think it's hilarious to slam your hand in a car door or get splinters under your fingernails.

But I digress... Anyway, there's my correction and that saves you guys from having to do the research and correct me yourself.

You're welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home