Saturday, July 07, 2007

this is not supposed to be happening

I have a summer cold! I hate summer colds!! Until this morning, I was in denial. I had a mild headache all day Thursday, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and last night around 6 I started sneezing and my nose ran like a faucet for the rest of the night. Yet I kept telling myself it was just allergies. Now, however, I am willing to admit that I'm sick. And it sucks.

Having a cold in winter makes sense. I'm actually *happy* to have a cold in winter sometimes, because the cold forces me to slow down, go inside, take really good care of myself, etc. It's like being forced to take a snuggly vacation. I know how to take care of my winter colds. But in summer I don't *want* to slow down! I don't want to bundle up and drink hot tea and lay in bed all day! I don't want a snuggly vacation!! I want to cycle to coffeeshop! I want to play in the sun! I want to go out with my friends and drink beer and play pinball! It's not fair!

*Sigh* Oh well. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and lay low for awhile. :-( Sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home