Sunday, August 19, 2007

hiatus

Apparently I've been taking some kind of summer hiatus. Wasn't really aware of it, but... well... here I am. Turns out, blogging is something I'm only inclined to do when I'm sitting on my ass all day and thinking too much. On the other hand, when I'm constantly out running around, going on dates and kayaking trips and whatnot, blogging doesn't just take a backseat, it gets tossed into the trunk next to the spare tire and the jumper cables.

So, here's what I've been up to.

1.) Kayaking. A lot. I did it today and I did it last weekend and I'm doing it again over labor day. I still haven't gotten myself a boat yet, but I HAVE got myself some super-hot arm muscles, the likes of which I never dreamed possible on my once scrawny little arms.

2.) Going on dates. One or two. With this random woman who practices law. Last week we had a beer, then we had breakfast a few days later, which turned into an all-day trip to an impromptu beer and bicycle festival on the waterfront. That was cool.

3.) Working. A lot. Weird hours. During the day. Makes me tired.

4.) Hanging out with SK. Which has been really, really fun. She's been living with me since mid-July and we're managing to do really well in my tiny little apartment. We don't fight, we have lots of good times, and I'm still allowed to go on dates. It's been great!

5.) Preparing for my brother to come. Did I mention that my brother Alex is coming to visit me this week? Did I mention that he's staying EIGHT DAYS? Because eight days is a lot of days for your brother to be in town, in case you didn't know. Your sheltered, country-mouse brother who will need lots of entertaining and won't be able to manage himself at all in the big city. We'll have fun, but I'm pretty sure I'll be excited when he's finally gone.

6.) Complaining about the weather. That one's self-explanatory.

7.) Not writing blogs.

The end. Regular production of this blog will probably resume sometime in October. We'll see. But stay tuned for the occasional fantasy girlfriend or something like that. And I'll try to write some while my brother's here. Certainly there will be some interesting stuff going on in the midst of all that...

5 Comments:

Blogger south carolina boy said...

yeah, i know what you mean...i don't blog a lot either when i have other stuff going on...

3:29 AM  
Blogger roro said...

I'm so impressed by the "other stuff". I haven't blogged for three weeks and what's my excuse? "Walking the dog", my friend.

The kayaking - awesome. Where are the arm photos??

4:38 PM  
Blogger heather said...

as long as you're on hiatus, happy paddling (wherever you deem best)!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Can I trade lives with you? I miss the wild adventuring.

9:50 AM  
Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

the arms, let me tell you are something else!
who knew spaghetti arms could bulk up to such bodacious biceps and triceps? even the extensors and flexors of the forearms are getting gorgeous...
now to find the camera...

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home