Sunday, August 12, 2007

living the dream part two, will the fun never cease?

Boy am I tired! I was out shakin' my booty till after 1am last night, which is pretty impressive considering the day I'd had. And no nap! I tried to sleep between the paddle and the dance, but I couldn't quite get there. I had a nice rest though. I lay on my bed for over an hour and listened to the little kids playing (read: screaming) in the neighborhood before I gave up and went to the kitchen to make some food.

The dance was kinda lame. Less women by half, at least, than last time. And the DJ really sucked. But the company was good and the dancing, once it started, was fun. I saw only two friends, which was a little disappointing, but all in all it was a good time and I'm glad I went.

To keep the party going, I got up this morning (at the very early hour of... 10am) and got myself ready for another stint out with the Lesbian Breakfast Club. I've been off their radar for a few weeks and I didn't want to fall completely to the wayside, so I made a point to show for this one. I was especially enticed by the requirement that everyone wear cowboy clothes to breakfast this time. Last weekend, while I was out kayaking with Adventure Girl and the X-factor kayakers, most of the breakfast club was out at a roots/bluegrass music festival called Pickathon. To stretch the Pickathon joy a little further, the crew decided to request country attire for today and, well, I would never turn down an invitation to dress like a cowboy, so I had to go.

I put on my best cowboy shirt with my very awesome cowboy beltbuckle and that was the best I could do. I almost wore my cowboy hat, which I love very much, but the hat just felt too over the top and I didn't really want to be stuck wearing it all day. And unfortunately I don't have cowboy boots to complete the look, but oh well. I don't think I'd enjoy pedaling my bike in cowboy boots anyway.

So I cycled over and met them all for breakfast and it was good. Now it's time for me to stop spending so much money. I'm a little out of control these days. And speaking of out of control, my wild, rock-n-roll lifestyle has left my house looking like a wreck! So I think I'll spend the next couple hours working on some housekeeping before SK gets back to town. I'd like to at least clear her a path in the front door...

2 Comments:

Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

dear hayden reese: your comments have been removed per this blog's no-negativity policy. i may be immature and narcissistic, but i don't treat people poorly on this site and i don't let anyone else do it either.

5:30 PM  
Blogger south carolina boy said...

good for you, poet!

ah....cowboy boots. i want to wear some now, lol. it's good that you are going out and having fun.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home