Saturday, October 20, 2007

so glad to be back home

I can't tell you how happy I am to be back in Portland. Portland is a beautiful, wonderful, glorious place that holds me in it's sopping wet bosom and loves me like its only child. So what that it's raining and chilly? I LOVE it, not IN SPITE OF the rain and chill, but BECAUSE OF IT! I love the bright fall leaves and the deep grey sky and the smell of woodsmoke in the air. I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HOME!

In other news, I got some gear today! Before I left town, I ordered some paddle booties from REI online and this morning I got up early and headed over to pick them up from the downtown store where they were shipped for free. (Cool thing about ordering from REI.com: shipping to stores is free, you just have to go pick it up.) So guess what I'm doing right now? I'm wearing them because they're so awesome! I'll get to try them out tomorrow, and I can't wait!

For your viewing pleasure, my new paddle booties, to keep my little feet warm while paddling in the cold and rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger south carolina boy said...

wow. those boots really are awesome! :)

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home