Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ho hum

There is nothing so boring as the last fifteen minutes of my shift. All the tasks are done, it's nearly midnight, and I'm just waiting for the clock to tick the minutes down. Dull. However boring this might be, the discomfort is greatly enhanced if my relief fails to show up at midnight. The next five minutes are critical. If she shows up soon enough, I can catch my bus. If not, I'm stuck another half an hour.

Surprisingly, once the five minutes is up and the bus is gone, I actually relax a little because I can come up here to the loft and at least entertain myself with something and I don't have to keep standing around down there pretending to work. So guess what happened tonight? Yeah...

I think I'll go read my book for... oh... about fifteen minutes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home