Wednesday, May 14, 2008

an "a" for effort...

I went to one of those high schools that didn't give "F"s because they didn't want to stimgatize us as failures. We got "E"s... or, *someone* got "E"s, not me. "E" was the equivalent of "F" because "E" follows "D" in the alphabet. And I guess running the grades "A" through "D" and then jumping straight to "F" (for FAT FUCKING FAILURE) was kind of a slap in the face.

That is not what I meant to be writing about. I meant to be writing about how I'm trying to get better about writing more again. However, I'm awfully, awfully sleepy suddenly and am finding it hard to concentrate. I worked all day then went over to my apartment and did some packing and cleaning. I was over there for three hours and hardly accomplished anything, but I've given my landlords permission to show the apartment when I'm not around, so I felt it was my moral obligation to at least mop the kitchen and make sure all the naked pictures and sex toys were removed from view. I mean, it's the least I could do...

Now I'm back at Mahavira's, where I have been staying pretty much all the time for the past several weeks. Now that the weather is getting better and the light is lasting longer, I can hardly stand to spend five minutes in my little dungeon apartment. I have loved that place for two wonderful years, but the summers were always difficult. You may remember my annual, whiny rants about missing the heat and humidity of my homeland, so it will come as no surprise when I remind you that I hated being chilly throughout the summer in my subterranian hovel. I mean, christ, I shouldn't have to keep a down comforter on my bed year round, that's just wrong.

Here at Mahavira's it's quite warm already and the maximum temp didn't even hit 75 today. This promises a toasty summer, which will please me greatly. Call me crazy, I don't care, but if I'm not laying naked on top of the sheets sweating and panting all night long, I'm just not satisfied with summer. However, heat or no heat, here at Mahavira's there will definitely be nakedness, sweating and panting this summer, so I'm pretty sure I'll be satisfied no matter what...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home