Wednesday, February 15, 2006

what could be cooler...

... than a live Dolly Parton tribute show???? Absolutely nothing (...except maybe an *actual* Dolly Parton show.)

As I sat down for coffee early this morning at my very most favorite coffeeshop on Alberta, I looked up and, through bleary eyes, saw a poster advertising this show (Sunday night at the Mississippi Pizza Pub on N. Mississippi). What I saw, actually, was this stunning, circa-1970, full-length photo of the platinum-tressed country-diva in this crazy, floor-length, sequined gown positioned so her enormous boobs stood out like the bulkhead of some seagoing cargo ship.

Wow. Dolly.

Just a week or so ago (who can tell time anymore?) SK burned me a copy of this awesome Dolly tribute cd, so it seems unbelievably serendipitous that a Dolly tribute show would suddenly turn up on the local scene. Can't remember the details, but it's a benefit for some women's music organization. The show will feature a bunch of local, female musicians doing Dolly covers, and while significant portions might completely suck and make me cringe and make my ears hurt -- if at least *one* person sings Jolene, I guarantee I will leave happy.

SK and I are going and I've assembled a small troupe of other good people to go too. Hopefully we'll find seats. I'm so fucking psyched!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home