Tuesday, February 14, 2006

a lovely little life

SK and I, founding members of the Mutual Appreciation Society, having decided we can better appreciate ourselves and each other by spending a teensy bit of time apart, spent the night apart last night. It was pretty great. Besides writing a thousand emails through the day and speaking on the phone once or twice, we mostly left each other alone and got shit done in our own lives. Tough to do at this stage of the romance... but we were troupers.

After a *very* productive day (and after cooking possibly the most gorgeous meal I've ever seen -- beets and carrots and beet greens over quinoa -- deep reds and oranges and greens -- where's my fucking camera when I need it??) I headed out for beer with Mog. Not counting the 3-second interchange we had at that party a few weeks ago, this was the first time I've seen her since leaving her bed early one morning way back in December.

Turned out to be pretty cool. I was hoping to get some career advice and that didn't really happen. But we had a great chat and I feel like we're finally on solid ground. Ironically, she's got a new girlfriend and her life looks strikingly like mine now: daydreaming a lot and trying to drag normal routines through the thick sludge of new love. Sounds gross, but think of the sludge like a thick stew of honey that slows everything down but makes it all really, really sweet.

Now I'm planning a housewarming party and, at this exact moment, preparing to rush off to my one o'clock meeting with bird-lady. Oh joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home