Tuesday, March 07, 2006

secular lent: an update

I'm sucking at lent. I'm sucking at a lot of things in my life right now, but I've decided not to give up on lent. I think I just need to adjust the dates a little. Now, my lent will run from the day SK leaves until the day she returns. I simply can't give my observation of lent any attention right now while torn between SK on one side and birdlady on the other. I hate birdlady. That is not a very christlike thought. That is evidence of how I'm sucking at lent.

Shall I confess my lenten sins? Yesterday alone: I ate a hamburger, I drank two beers, I drove my car too much and I didn't meditate or pray or even think about Jesus at all. Instead, I was near tears in Birdlady's office, actually literally, blinking them back, shuffling papers, my voice cracking just a little as I tried to speak and get hold of myself. Fuck birdlady.

So. Secular lent starts next Sunday at 3pm with SK on a plane and me at home. Alone.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to bob,
i still like the birds on the sea

i still like you
even more

and i do like your girlfriend
she's a winner

but birdlady
i don't like her any more

she's a trickster

ned

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think, given the circumstances, that you should not even try to give up hating birdlady for lent.

10:19 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

thanks, joolie. birdlady sucks.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home