Sunday, April 02, 2006

light without heat...

...is cold comfort. The day was longer, but it was grey and chilly and the extra light didn't cheer me. Even Shambhala didn't cheer me. I went to Shambhala for an hour and a half. I sat, I walked, I said the dedication of the merits at the end and then I left. Got gas in my car, drove home (thinking I need to start biking to Shambhala, it's really not *that* far). Have sat at home the rest of the day. I'm bored and lonely.

The kids upstairs are unbearably noisy. Can't tell if the one screaming now is the two year old or the newborn and all I can think is how miserable it must be to actually be *up* there. It's bad enough to be down here, getting it through the ceiling. Piped in through the heating vent. I hate noise and chaos and the sound of screaming kids is enough to put me over the edge. I've got to put on some music, though I'll give Carole King a rest. After five runs through, I'm afraid I'll wear her out.

Speaking of worn out, the "N" on my keyboard has worn completely away. None of the other letters are damaged in the least. They're all fine. But the "N" is now completely gone. Is there something unusually harsh about the way I strike that particular key? Is the cosmos sending me some message about the letter N? Is this just one more reason why this iBook was so cheap? Who knows. It's a mystery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home