Tuesday, May 16, 2006

proving an old point

I went to log onto my blogger account and noticed a blog called "Girl Fag" on the "recently updated" scrolling list. It caught my eye, so I clicked on it. The tagline said something like "One Leatherperson's Take on Life and..." something. There was a leather pride flag on the screen and a few other symbols and hints of leatherness. The S/M and leather scene is fascinating to me so I was looking forward to interesting posts.

Too bad for me. All the posts were detailed chronicals of the blogger's housework for the day and mundane plans for an upcoming trip. Nothing about leather. Nothing about pain or submission or anything remotely to do with that scene.

Ok. Fine. I checked out the links on the page and saw many more leather-themed blogs. I clicked on one called "singletail" -- a "singletail" is a type of whip with one strip of leather. They're especially painful and I figured whoever decided to name their blog "singletail" must mean business. What did I find? A recipe for fried chicken.

What is going on in the blogosphere?? Can't anyone stay on task??? If you claim to have a blog about leather, write occasionally about leather. Or, if you're going to write about fried chicken, at least make it interesting. And maybe even just pretend you were wearing leather chaps and ball-gag while you were cooking, just for some authenticity or something. Jeez.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee! I've toyed with the thought of setting a theme for my blog other than me-me-me and what I had for lunch today, but I'm know I could never stay on topic.

11:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious. And I totally agree. I cannot count the number of times I've chosen a blog based on some raunchy name, hoping for some hot action and instead finding post after post of details on how they thought "Lost" was really good last night. WTF? Make with the leather!!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Dharma said...

So funny! I will try to remember to post on such topics. I like to make people happy. Which of course look like any number of things. But now i know one more subject that would hold your attention.

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home