Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ignoring for the moment everything else

I finally took my car in to be repaired today. I mentioned, I believe, that it was sideswiped last month while it sat peacefully outside my little hovel, bothering no one. Holes were ripped in the metal by a long, flat-bed truck as it gouged itself along my passenger side, denting in both doors and doing no other damage besides lifting the rear end and depositing it neatly on the curb. Well.

I took it to a place suggested by my insurance agent on 6th and Broadway, then I walked away and thought how nice it felt to just walk away from something and how I might like to practice walking away from lots of things in life. Instead of making any other dramatic gestures, however, I walked down Broadway until I found a sub-shop (past a Subway and a Quiznos to a small place owned by locals) and ordered a sandwich for lunch, which I took to the park and ate. I finished my book. Now I am about to go to work for the evening where I will eat free food and play card-games and otherwise pass the time until midnight when I will catch the bus and come home and another day will pass away thusly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home