Friday, August 11, 2006

my night, sans sk

SK is on the coast doing a Process Work thing and I am home alone trying to keep myself entertained. Here's what I'm learning about myself: I don't have many friends right now and I'm shy. I made a few calls with no luck, then walked myself down to Billy Ray's (my favorite dive bar) all by my lonesome, to have a few beers and play some pin-ball.

I drank one beer sitting at the bar downstairs and reading the Mercury (a local, indie rag). Then I got another, along with some quarters, and went upstairs to the pin-ball room. The game I love (Medieval Madness) was blocked in the corner behind a few people playing another game I love (Elvira). Instead of playing any of the other games that were free and available, I sat down awkwardly on a couch and pulled out my book. Whenever I'm socially challenged, apparently, I hide inside of words.

Instead of moving, those people playing Elvira just multiplied and I never played any pin-ball at all. I finished my beer and left. As I walked home, I noticed I was hungry and craving a burger, so I decided to stop at County Cork, a little pub two blocks from my house, for the same bacon and bleu cheese burger SK got a few nights ago. The place was buzzing and it took forever to be served. No problem, I had my book. While I waited for my food, the musicians came back on after a break, and they were pretty good. An Irish accordian and a guitar player. Pleasant. Appropriate.

My burger was good, the music was good, the temperature was good, the atmosphere was nice, etc, etc, etc. However, I was alone and lonely and, as much as I enjoy doing things alone, I felt a little annoyed that in a world full of people, I couldn't manage to have one useful conversation with anyone. Oh well. Now I'm home and it's time for bed. I miss SK.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah
a night alone

stories to tell

i hope the day is good

pirate princess

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home