Wednesday, November 01, 2006

halloween hangover

Well, that was fun. Now the pumpkins are rotting and I have to put all my skeletons back in the closet. The saddest part of all was washing off my moustache and side-burns. I make such a cute, hairy guy, I'm always so sad to see him go each year. Oh well.

Now I'm off to the store to buy some goldenseal. My "hangover" feeling this morning wasn't from alcohol and probably wasn't even from too-much-candy. I think I've got a sinus infection so I'm going to try running some goldenseal through the handy ol' netipot to see if it will help clear me up. (If you don't know what a netipot is, google it. You're industrious. Or go to Oh My Stars n Garters for an artful tour of all things neti... if you can find her neti hall of fame.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does goldenseal help? I never thought of running anything but saltwater through my nose.

(Oh, and if you do a Google image search for neti pot, no quotes, your neti magic drawing is result #28 or so. It's easily the best-looking image on the page.)

8:38 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

i've read that goldenseal is good to run thru the neti if you have a sinus infection. sure enuf, at wild oats, they had a special blend of stuff to put in your neti if you're sick, with goldenseal, grapefruit seed extract, zinc and a bunch of other stuff that's supposed to help. i'll let you know what the results are.

11:39 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

ps joolie: cool that the drawing comes up on an image search. my art is now contributing the the world's understanding of neti pot use. :-)

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home