Friday, November 10, 2006

wasting time

I just spent about fifteen minutes typing up this complicated story for your reading enjoyment before finally realizing that it was too complicated and not that enjoyable, so I gave up. I love stories and my urge to tell this one is really great, but this isn't the right venue.

Sorry the posts have been boring lately. So busy. So, so busy. The nano-novel is coming right along and I have been funneling all my extra time and energy into that instead of this. It's day 9 and I'm already over 20,000 words. That's 57 pages, for anybody keeping score. Almost a third of the way to the end. Rock on.

Fat Tony's racing me. In three short days, he's gotten himself up to 12,000. He posted an excerpt tonight and it looks pretty decent. I don't want to give it away, but there's a lot of fungi involved. I think he was drunk when he wrote it, but it works, somehow.

I should go work on mine some more, actually. I can't let him get ahead of me. I must crush Fat Tony. I must win nano glory!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dharma said...

I am so impressed. Here I was impressed with myself for writing an blog entry a day for the last several days, many around 1000 words.

I stand here humbled in your presence.

10:16 AM  
Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

baby!!! 20,000 words!! i am so proud:-))))
and much happier to read "crush Fat Tony" than having a "crush on Fat Tony" ha ha!!!
yes, crush him
with your mighty pen or rather keyboard

so proud of you
20,000 words... cant wait to read some of them.

10:32 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

dharma: the busier i am, the more i manage to do. it's weird. and exhausting sometimes.

stumpy: be nice. fat tony is one of the only people in town i even like anymore. but, still, i must crush him.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Dharma said...

RPP - I totally get that, it's part of why I signed onto NaBloPoMo. I wrote today's entry (Friday) and wrote drafts of two more written today. I even worked a little bit on a paper that was due last Sunday. For me that's a lot. Plus knitting is happening and I've even been making dinner sometimes. Crazy!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home