Sunday, January 07, 2007

cocktail party

My retro friends threw a sort of retro cocktail party last night. They're a couple and I've known them since I moved here in 2001, making them some of my oldest friends in town. Sadly, I don't see much of them anymore, but that's as much my fault as anything. I learned last night that I don't have a single thing to wear to a cocktail party. I showed up in jeans and a black turtleneck and saw the people I used to drink Pabst in dive bars with, now wearing suits and ties and cocktail dresses. I looked more like I was coming to a beat poetry reading. At least SK had a black velvet shirt to wear, which looked slightly nicer than what I'd put together. Oh well. It was a decent break from studying and that's all I can think to say about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andygrrl said...

Frankly, I think one should always dress as if one were about to attend a beat poetry reading.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home