Tuesday, February 06, 2007

news is sometimes funny

God I wish I knew how to post live links! Because I just keep running across the weirdest, funniest news items and I just want to spread the joy. Of course, it may all seem so amusing b/c of my cabin fever and utter study-induced delirium, but who cares. Laughing is laughing.

So, apparently this astronaut who recently flew a mission to the space station was arrested in Florida (where all the trashy idiots end up) (and while we're in parenthases I want to say that I know you're thinking the astronaut is a man, but she's not, she's a woman, so quit stereoptying) anyway, she was arrested in Florida for trying to kidnap this woman who she thought was having a romantic relationship with this other astronaut who the first astronaut really liked.

The malicious astro-woman drove a really long way to find this other woman and claimed, after she was arrested, that she wasn't going to do anything bad, she just wanted to get the woman to tell her about her relationship with the boy-astronaut, etc, etc. Typical love-triangle, right? The cops didn't buy her explanation and are now adding a charge of attempted murder. Here's what the cop said:

"If you were just going to talk to someone, I don't know that you would need a wig, a trench coat, an air cartridge BB gun and pepper spray," said Sgt. Barbara Jones, a spokeswoman for the Orlando Police Department.

Hee-larious. I guess being in outer space makes you crazy. Or just really, really desperate.

Here's a dead link to the story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070206/ap_on_re_us/astronaut_arrested

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home