Saturday, March 03, 2007

my good day

Blogged in bullets for speed and convenience:

1.) Woke up with my girlfriend for a change.

2.) Went to Powell's (one of my favorite places on earth) to trade some books and buy a copy of the New Yorker and a New York Times. Quality reading.

3.) Went to Vivace's on NW 23rd to eat a butter and cinnamon crepe (mmmmmmmmmm) and drink a decaf americano (yes, I am embarrassed, but what can you do) and read the aforementioned periodicals.

4.) Went back to my girlfriend's house for a quick visit while she worked hard transcribing a tape of the seminar she just organized on the coast.

5.) Came home and wrote a blog about that awful Ann Coulter.

6.) Walked up to Alberta St. and bought a bar of Forest Smell (not it's actual name) soap from the Alberta St. Co-op. I wanted more of my tried and true patchouli soap, but they didn't have it. I love buying soap there because they get it from a couple of local companies in giant blocks and you get to use what looks like a dough slicer, like we had at Little Caeser's Pizza, to slice a chunk of soap off for yourself. I picked Forest Smell soap out of a million choices because it smells so much like pine sap I kept expecting my hands to be sticky after touching it. It's awesome. I also bought a copy of Tikkun magazine, because I LOVE MAGAZINES! AND I HAVE TIME TO READ THEM NOW!

7.) Then I walked down to my favorite dumpy coffeeshop on Alberta to meet up with my friend Dre for a chit-chat. Now that studying is over, I can not only read magazines and newspapers, but I can catch up with all the friends I've hardly seen in three and a half years. Yay for socializing!

8.) Came home and showered with my new Forest Smell soap and it rocks!

9.) Now I'm heading over to SK's to take a walk in Forest Park. What with my new Forest Smell soap, it's like I'm in the forest already! But the weather turned lovely and mild with even some *sun* out, so we're going to take advantage of it before the sky remembers it's in Portland and turns back on the waterworks. Yay for spring fever!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay indeed! So glad things are looking (and feeling) up after having such a rough time. The forest soap sounds lovely - I almost bought a giant bottle of pine smelling lotion from William Sonoma (I KNOW, I know, embarassing) last Xmas. Perhaps I'll have to look for a less evil, more natural alternative when I get back to Vancouver. Hope the walk was grand!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forest soap was good
but peppery-mmm rules

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home