Sunday, April 29, 2007

ruined

Ever since I started reading Jesus Christ's Blog, I feel totally ruined to all blogs everywhere. Once again, satire has revealed how asinine something really is. Which makes it hard for me to enjoy reading blogs anymore, and hard to keep writing them.

For example, I want to tell you all that I met my lawschool friends last night at the Doug Fir. I want to tell you that I hate the Doug Fir b/c it's full of yuppies, including my group apparently, and I want to confess that, for some unknown reasons, I actually chose the Doug Fir this time. It was my idea.

I also want to tell you that the Doug Fir was full of slicked up, gross old suburbanites in town to celebrate some woman's 40-something'th birthday by getting DEEEERRRRUUUUNK(!!!!) and running around hitting people with riding crops. One woman had coaxed the i.d. checking guy at the door to put two hand stamps on her VOLUPTUOUS and EXPOSED bosom. I want to tell you how gross and yet amusing all that was.

And, of course, I want to tell you that I never really enjoy hanging out with these law school people especially when they start talking about their work, which is invariably soul-sucking and awful. "Oh, you've been working to help Wal-Mart get approval for that site in Sellwood? Really? But you say you hate Wal-Mart and isn't it ironic that you're working for Wal-Mart yet you hate them? That's not ironic, that's YOU SUCKING!"

Finally, I want to tell you that I drank too much and went inside with two of the least obnoxious of my lawschool friends for some food. I ate a buffalo burger. Made out of actual buffalo. And it was really good.

So, I want to tell you all that, but all I can think of when I think of sharing those things is Jesus Christ's stupid blog and how all blogs are exactly the same and I'm just one more jerk pouring out my mundane bullshit to the world and taking myself way too seriously. Oh well. That buffalo burger was really tasty, by the way. You should know.

6 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

The scene at Doug Fir=bad
Jesus Christ's blog=good
Hangovers=bad
Soul sucking jobs=bad
Your blog=good

12:37 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

thanks, your assessments are all spot-on. and your blog is good too. :-)

12:42 PM  
Blogger zuhn said...

I used to hate reading blogs because I was reading them for the stories and was usually disappointed by how dreadfully boring they were. Now I read them because of the people who write them; makes a huge difference. Or maybe because I finally found some good ones....

6:10 PM  
Blogger Dx said...

Loved your blog. Keep it up. Now marked as one of my favourites. Try these - www.gocomment.blogspot.com and www.councilworker.blogspot.com
I think you'll enjoy.
Keep it up
Dx

1:20 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

You must keep blogging. I read your blog on a regular basis AND if you notice in my bloglinks, you're one of the few personal blogs I link to in general and possibly the only one I link to that isn't written by a personal friend. Not to mention that the convo here often offers far more amusement that that on most blogs.

11:23 AM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

thanks melinda. don't worry, absolutely no danger of me quitting blogging. i was just feeling a little weird about it momentarily. i'm over it now. :-)

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home