Wednesday, May 30, 2007

dear world

Can I tell you a little story about things? Sure, ok. Last night at work, one of our usual, graveyard staff wasn't able to work. For some reason, the guy who does the scheduling picked somebody new to cover the shift. This made the Jolly Ox very mad. The Jolly Ox is our other regular graveyard staff. She's a big stubborn cow who is either laughing or arguing with someone, but either way, she's being stubborn and frustrating.

So the Jolly Ox was MAD because she doesn't like to have to do things like: train new people or count the narcotics. Regardless of whether I like counting the narcotics, it's something I have to do every night before I can leave to go home. Instead of counting the narcotics with me promptly, the Jolly Ox spent about fifteen minutes bitching at me about all the reasons why she shouldn't have to count the narcotics. I DON'T CARE, JOLLY OX! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!

Of course, the Jolly Ox's little outburst meant that I missed the 12:06 bus. (What's that, Anonymous? You don't really care which bus I take?? Really?? That's funny, I don't really care what you have to say. Anonymous comments are for assholes and people who can't figure out how to post any other way.) I got home at 1, instead of 12:30, missed my Skype date with SK, and had a hard time falling asleep.

Just when I'd finally fallen asleep, at 2:45am, my phone rings. Wha?? It's the goddamn Jolly Ox!! She lost the key to the med cabinet!! She wanted to know if I took it home. NO I DIDN'T TAKE IT HOME, I GAVE IT TO YOU WHEN WE DID THE EFFING COUNT, REMEMBER!!! You just don't call people at 2:45 in the a.m., you know? You just don't do it.

So I couldn't fall back to sleep until it was light out. And that's fucking lame. I just called work to check on things and it turns out they never did find that key. Nice work, Jolly Ox. You suck. And now I'm cranky. And I woke up to some anonymous asshole comments on my blog. I can't figure out how to set it up so anonymous people can't comment. I've seen other blogs with little things that say "This blog does not accept anonymous comments." Any suggestions from the tech savvy among my readers?

At least the weather is gorgeous and hot today, just like I like it. That will cheer me up a little. Grrr.

3 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

It's under the settings tab - change the "who can comment" to registered users.

Sorry your night sucked. I think you should post something immature and weird again. It will make you feel better.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaaahahahaa! I don't care, Jolly Ox! made me laugh so hard. Sorry she blew your night.

Speaking of blowing, what's with the ass-y anonymous comments? Seriously. There are MILLIONS OF BLOGS. If you don't like the one you're reading, go find one that you DO like. Jesus Christ!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I so care what bus you take. How else would I attempt to stalk you if I ever get to Oregon? Okay. Not a stalker. Really. It was just funny, except it's not once you have to defend it. Oh well.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home