Monday, June 04, 2007

are you there blogosphere? it's me, rpp...

Today I took my first step towards finding legal employment. I actually emailed a cover letter and resume to Legal Aid and asked to be considered fro Pro Bono work with the hope of someday being actually employed there.

Yeah, I know, I'm aiming really high. My fingers are crossed and I'm hoping for VOLUNTEER work at LEGAL AID. Go for the gold. Let nothing hold me back.

Well, whatever. It's what I want to do. Sort of. I guess. At least it's getting me closer to something I probably want to do...

Either way, I feel a little bit terrified about it all. That whole experience with Birdlady really put me over the edge. Those of you who weren't lucky enough to be reading this blog during the spring of oh-six missed out on my accounts of the terrible time I had in my disability law internship with the nasty tyrant I called Birdlady. She was a big mean bully and I fled her company like a fox flees a pack of hounds. Now I've got the PTSD from it and I'm terrified everybody I work for will be just as nasty and capricious as she was. Yikes. I've got to get over it.

Maybe I should go in for hypnotherapy...? Or maybe there's an accupuncture point to stimulate self-confidence? I could use it. Now I'll have a cold sweat every time I check my email until this woman at Legal Aid writes me back. Then I'm sure I'll have a whole new set of sweats if she actually wants to sign me up for volunteer work. I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! How am I supposed to help people??

Deep breath, deep breath. They'll train me, right? They'll train me and then I'll know stuff and then I'll get my confidence up and then I'll be fine. Right? Right. **sigh** Thanks, blogosphere. You're a good listener. I feel just a tiny bit better already.

1 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

Just pretend you know everything and you'll do just fine. Good luck.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home