Friday, November 16, 2007

my special day

Today, the nice thing I did for myself because it's my birthday is I drove myself to work rather than taking the bus. I know. I'm decadant. I stop at nothing to ensure my own pampered state of bliss.

But seriously, driving myself to work was not the breeze I hoped it would be and neither was driving myself home. Hello, traffic. I don't usually drive myself around during rush hour times... I hardly drive during the week at all, so I tend to forget that the traffic gets a little backed up sometimes. Like mornings. And afternoons.

Otherwise it didn't go so bad. I woke myself up from an anxiety dream this morning. It was all to do with the presentation I was scheduled to give at 9:15am to a bunch of med students who were coming to learn about our program. I was supposed to talk to them for 40 minutes. To be honest, I could probably talk about our program for four hours, I have a lot to say about it, but for some reason I was still nervous. I ended up having this awful dream about the whole scenerio and it's the only dream from the night that I can remember so it's my birthday dream. And that worries me.

But I did get to dress a little better than usual today, which is ok I guess. And I got to show off the new hair cut I got yesterday. I had my usual stylist fix the horrible massacre that had become of my hair after my misadventures at Bishop's Barbershop a couple weeks ago. She agreed that everything was uneven and the layering was "really jacked up." It's still shorter than I wanted it, but now I've got a sort of sassy, shaggy rockstar cut (similar to SK's infamous shag) and anyway, here's a picture. It's kinda hard to really see the haircut, that's cuz it's kinda hard to take a good picture of your own head. So forgive me. It's cooler than it looks in this pic, but just by a little.


Ok, now I'm off to get ready for my hot birthday date with Gully from last weekend. Yay for me!

1 Comments:

Blogger zuhn said...

Happy birthday! Cute cut.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home