Thursday, November 15, 2007

thirty minutes till thirty-three

When I turned 31, Mog said "Thirty one is your year for dirty fun." I think she was 27 at the time. I guess she got "plenty heaven" or something that year. Anyway, I guess thirty-two was for "dirty-shoes" and now thirty-three? I guess maybe "dirty free." Which doesn't really sound great.

To be honest, though, I have a thing for numbers and three is probably my favorite number, despite the fact that I usually say it's seven. Seven is great, but in my deepest heart, I think I love three the best. (Sorry seven, I still love you.) Loving three means that I love all the years that start with three -- I actually love them all the same and I look forward to living each one. Thirty-one was good, thirty-two was good, thirty-three should be pretty cool.

Four is the only number I don't think I like. It's a completely even number. Cut it in half and it's still even. You can't even multiply anything good to get it. So, unsurprisingly, thirty-four is the only one of the thirties I'm not excited about. And jesus! When I turn forty I'll really be sad. I'll be in a whole ten year stretch of fours! And after that... well... I guess fives are cool. I guess I won't really be (numerologically) happy until I'm in my seventies. Strangely, I also quite like eight, so maybe the eighties will be good too.

Do you think I'm crazy? Yeah. Me too.

3 Comments:

Blogger witchtrivets said...

Happy Birthday RPP!

I also have odd relationships with numbers -- not sure what it means. But your thoughts on numbers seem perfectly fine to me. I turn 33 on December and all I can think is that is Jesus' age when he died. Not that I am religious, but it has always stuck in my head. So, here's to not getting crucified in the coming year! Yeah, yeah, I'm a blasphemer. 33 is for blasphemy!

8:23 AM  
Blogger south carolina boy said...

don't be so afraid of 34. add the digits and you get 7, your other favorite number. it's nothing to dread.

7:23 PM  
Blogger roro said...

Oh my god, I'm so behind. Happy very belated birthday!!

I feel the same away about the same numbers. It's creeping me out. Do you also think 6 is snooty and 9 has an inferiority complex? Or is that just me?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home