Thursday, November 01, 2007

once more with feeling

Last night we had a Halloween Party at work. For the most part, it was pretty lame. An opportunisitic feeding frenzy during which about fifteen bags of candy were "disappeared" in about ten minutes. The candy wasn't eaten. Oh no. The candy was bagged up and stolen by the "guests" who can be some of the most awesome and yet goddamn annoying people on the planet. Ok, sure, you used to be homeless and you're kinda broke, that doesn't mean you need to take a whole grocery bag of candy home with you tonight. Where's your party etiquette?

For the work party, I tried to turn my generic "in drag" outfit into more of a costume, so I put a pirate spin on it. I figured it would be more entertaining that way. Mostly I think it was just confusing. Drag, even pirate drag, might just be too much for the minds of our clients to grasp. Not the really crazy ones, not the schizophrenic ones. They see shit that doesn't conform to reality all the time. It's the high-functioning, personality-disordered ones who don't quite know what to do when they see me walk in with a moustache and goatee. It's a little weird. But what can I say, I'm just a good old fashioned gender bender. That's why I love Halloween so much.

But I only love it up to a point, and at this point I'm kinda sick of it. And sure, I'm glad it's technically over, but there's still one Halloween related activity on my agenda before I can hammer the last nails in Halloween's coffin (har har) -- Adventure Girl and I have to go over to Maia's house and UNDECORATE for the party. Which, like decorating, will probably be a little party unto itself. Hopefully we'll have beer. Perhaps pizza. And then I can start worrying about other seasonal holidays... like my birthday and Thanksgiving and that other big one. Hannukah.

2 Comments:

Blogger stumptown dreamer said...

i am on dial up and it took so long to get to this page that i forgot what i was going to write in comment on your blog!
truely!
oh well
pirate looks very gnarly, excellent. well done for stre-e-e-etching out halloween for so many weeks this year.
and yes, roll on hanukah....

3:08 PM  
Blogger south carolina boy said...

your pictures all look so cool. i love halloween.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home