Thursday, December 06, 2007

fuzzy

I realized tonight at work that I am suffering from chronic sleep deprivation. I feel like someone has replaced my brain with a big, square block of tofu. Which was a bummer at work because it was actually a difficult sort of night and I had to manage lots of weird things, including kicking a really big drunk guy out of the building who was demanding that we put him up in a hotel because he couldn't stay in a shelter. Too bad for you, buddy. Get out. I'm surprised I could string sentences together, but I managed to get him out the door.

Anyway, ramble-ramble, four out of the past six nights I've slept (I should say "slept") at Mahavira's house. What in god's name has come over me? This is completely unprecedented. I don't even want to talk about it. I don't know what to say! It's crazy. I just can't stay away from her. And it's weird because in this not-quite-a-week that I've known her, it seems I only see her in the dark. Mostly I come to her apartment late at night (after work for either of us), then we spend hours and hours in the dim light talking and talking and rolling around and eventually sleeping. Then we wake in darkness because the morning light hardly creeps in, and we start the talking and sometimes the rolling around all over again and, I don't know, I guess I've been getting about four or five good hours of sleep every night...

Which is awesome, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I feel like my life has been taken over by benevolent aliens and I hardly recognize it anymore, but it's really, really fun. The aliens brought me the most interesting, unexpected playmate. But it's a little frightening really. And I think I have to stop blogging about it because this feels like the wrong medium for sorting it out. But thanks for sticking with it so far. I'm sure I'll offer occasional updates.

Oh! And happy third night of Hannukah. Shalom.

P.S. As I finished this post I got a text message. Fully expecting it to be from Mahavira, who texts me randomly when we're not hanging out, I was quite shocked... and then not shocked at all... to see that it was from Dree! "Playing pin-ball... thinking of you..." Oh Dree. Poor Dree. I'm afraid that ship has sailed, sweetheart. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home